Peace and Strength

I mentioned in a previous post how God was faithful to his Word through my pregnancy and through labor and delivery of the baby. Here are some links to some of the verses that I prayed and meditated over for the weeks leading up to Chloe's birth. My biggest prayer was that God would give me the faith to trust in his Word.

Verses on: Peace
For example, I would pray Isaiah 41:10: "I will not fear for I know you are with me. I will not be dismayed. You will strengthen me and help me. You will uphold me with your righteous right hand."

Verses on: Strength
Praying and reading through verses that described Christ's sacrifice for us gave me great strength and courage. Hebrews 12 says that it was the joy set before him that gave him endurance. And to think that WE are his joy! That we would be part of his kingdom because of what he endured. He also had his future glory awaiting him and now he sits with God and is due all our praise and glory. "Consider him who endured such opposition so that you will not grow weary and lose heart" Heb. 12:3.
It also struck me how even while he suffered he showed grace and love to those around him. To the man hanging next to him, to his mother, to John. It helped me be much more aware and grateful for those who helped me in the hours leading up to Chloe's birth and after: Greg, our nurses, midwife, etc.

I hope that these verses will perhaps be of encouragement as you seek the strength and peace of God in your own lives.

Comments

Popular Posts