Welcome Baby Chloe!!!!


Chloe Ruth Burton was born August 30th, 8:59pm.


8 lbs. 13oz, 19 inches long.
Britt went in for an appt. that morning (it was my due date) and although I was willing to wait, the doctor said that she didn't want me waiting any longer since I was already dilated about 5 cm. And since my body was "working" even though I wasn't laboring, the pressure on my previous c-section incision wasn't something she wanted me to continue to walk around with. So we went in about 2:15 and waited till about 5:15 before my midwife came in to break my water. After that, contractions started pretty much right away. About 3 1/2 hours later I felt a VERY sudden and strong urge to push and about 30 seconds later, Chloe was born! Our midwife barely had time to put her gloves on and we made quite a mess, but Chloe came out healthy despite the cord being wrapped around her neck and body.
I give God all the glory for his faithfulness in being true to his Word. He was my strength and my peace through the whole process and so many friends and family were also praying for me and it carried me through! Greg has always been amazing through each of our kids' births, but his words of encouragement through each contractions kept me focused and hopeful.
Now we are at home and it's been fun to watch the other kids be so excited about their baby sister!!






Comments

Popular Posts